An FCT High Court in Maitama has sacked Donald Duke and declared a former Minister of Information,…
The Duke of Edinburgh , Prince Philip is to voluntarily give up his driving licence following a scary crash last month, Buckingham Palace has said.
The 97-year-old duke apologised over a car crash near the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, in which his Land Rover Freelander landed on its side after a collision with a Kia.
Buckingham Palace said that he surrendered his licence on Saturday.
In a statement, the palace said:
“After careful consideration the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving licence.”
Norfolk police have confirmed with us the Duke voluntarily turned in his license to officers Saturday, and tell us the investigation of the collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service. We’re told CPS will provide “advice on how to proceed.”
The duke wrote to a woman injured in the crash, which happened on 17 January on the A149 near the Queen’s country estate.
Prince Philip retired from public life in August 2017 having spent decades supporting the Queen and attending events for his own charities and organisations.
Buckingham Palace calculated he had completed 22,219 solo engagements since 1952.