Connect with us

News

Coronavirus Pandemic Update: Confirmed Global Cases Of Covid-19 Pass One Million

Published

on

Confirmed Global Cases Of Covid-19 Pass One Million

Coronavirus Global Cases: The pandemic has submerged healthcare services around the world.

More than a million cases of coronavirus have been registered globally, according to the latest figures from Johns Hopkins University. In essence, another grim milestone as the world ponders intensely with the spreading pandemic.

Nearly 53,000 people have died, and more than 210,000 have recovered, according to the US university’s figures. The US has the most cases, and more than 1,000 died there in the past day. The disease, COVID-19, first come forth in central China three months ago.

Though the score kept by Johns Hopkins records one million confirmed cases, the actual number is thought to be much higher.

It took a month and a half for the first 100,000 cases to be registered. A million was reached after a doubling in cases over the past week. Nearly a quarter of cases have been recorded in the United States, while Europe estimated for around half. The pandemic is taking a substantial economic toll: an extra 6.6 million Americans applied for unemployment benefit last week.

What’s the latest on Coronavirus Global Cases?

The US has counted 1,169 deaths in 24 hours – the highest daily death toll of any country so far. Spain said 950 people had died in a day, which is a record number for Europe in this tumult. The number of confirmed Spanish cases rose from 102,136 on Wednesday to 110,238 – an 8% rise that is similar to the rate recorded in previous days. Authorities believe the virus is now henching, which means they expect to see a decrease in figures in the days ahead.

María José Sierra, from the Spanish health ministry’s emergency coordination unit, said, “We continue with an increase of around 8%. This points, as we have already seen, to a stabilization in the data that we’re registering,”
Spain, the most affected nation after Italy in terms of deaths, has also lost nearly 900,000 jobs since mid-March.

China first informed the World Health Organization (WHO) about cases of pneumonia with unknown causes on 31 December.

On 3 January, the BBC wrote its first news report about a “mystery virus” in Wuhan. At the time, 44 cases had been confirmed, 11 of which were considered severe. Many panicked. There would reiterate the 2003 Sars tumult that killed 774 people. By 18 January, the approved number of cases had risen to around 60, but experts estimated the real figure was closer to 1,700.

Send your news stories to info@tobivibes.ng and WhatsApp :+2348140615635

TobiVibes.ng Your source for news, entertainment, lifestyle,healths and a wide range of commentaries on daily and trending topics
Copyright © 2020 Tobivibes. All Rights Reserved | Design: CreativeWox