New Delhi: You’ve probably heard that cold weather can cause your blood pressure and cholesterol levels…
These ten simple tips will help you live a healthy life and avoid cancer, heart disease and other terminal illnesses.
The most important things to do in order to live a healthy life includes eating healthy foods and regular body exercise. Eating healthy foods can drastically reduce your chances of developing heart disease and cancer, the world’s leading killers. A good diet can improve all aspects of your life starting from your brain function to your physical performance. Tips for Healthy Living
The foods you eat have big effects on your health and quality of life. Although eating healthy can be fairly simple, the rise in popular “diets” and dieting trends has caused confusion to many. These trends often distract people from the basic nutrition principles that are most important.
Here are some simple basic nutrition principles for a healthy living:
- Eat a variety of foods especially carbohydrates: An adequate meal should be your daily target. An adequate meal should consist of a variety of nutrients with carbohydrates having the bulk of it. Carbohydrates are good sources of fibres and glucose. It gives the body the daily strength to carry on. There are over 40 nutrients, do well to mix your meals properly to avoid malnutrition.
- Avoid sugary and soda drinks: These drinks contain too much calories capable of causing obesity and type 2 diabetes, heart disease and many other health problems. Fruit juice may look good, it may contain less antitoxic but has sugar contents similar to that of soda and soft drinks. This antitoxic does not reduce the harmfulness of the sugar contents in it. So beware!
- Avoid junk foods and eat real food instead: junk foods are low in fibre, protein and micronutrients but high in unhealthy ingredients like added sugar and refined grains. Thus, they provide mostly empty calories and can even trigger the brain thereby causing food addiction.
- Get enough sleep: inadequate sleep can drive the insulin resistance, disrupt your appetite hormones thereby reducing your physical and mental performance.
- Drink lots of water especially before meals: there are innumerable benefits of drinking lots of water to the body. It aids digestion, burn excessive calories from sugar and increases body metabolism. It is best to drink warm water instead of ice cold water.
- Don’t overcook or burn your meat: Meat is very high in protein and other nutrients. When overcooked or burnt, it can form harmful compounds that increases your factor of cancer.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are very rich in vitamins, minerals, prebiotic fiber and many antioxidants. Eating fruits and veggies makes you live longer and reduces your risk of heart disease,type 2 diabetes,obesity and other illnesses.
- Abstain from smoking, drugs and drink moderately: Drugs, alcohol and smoking destroy your lungs and other internal organs. You can take a little alcohol but in moderation though. Excessive of it is harmful to the body as it weakens your system and destroys your kidneys. Drug abuse can also affect vital internal organs like the liver.
- Use natural herbs and spices: Herbs and spices like garlic, ginger and tumeric have proven to be very helpful to the human body. They have potent and anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, leading to various health benefits.
- Eat one egg everyday: Whole eggs are so nutritious, they are termed as “nature’s multi-vitamin”. This is because of the numerous nutrients it carries especially in the yollk part. There is a myth that eggs add to body cholesterol and causes heart disease. But all these myths are lies and superstitious. Eggs are highly nutritive and specially recommended for babies, children, pregnant and nursing mother’s because of it’s complete nutrients. In fact, It is the most nutritious natural food.
Tips for Healthy Living